woensdag 6 april 2011

Home Town

I've lived in my home town all my life. And I still love living here.
It has all you need. A great, childfriendly area to live, shops on walking distance, plenty of schools nearby, quite a proper shopping centre on cycling distance, and the big city only a 20 minute tram ride away.

As all of you know, I recently moved house. Thank God, I moved within the same area. Only like 2 streets away. I wouldn't have settled for any other house anyway.

I had a friend come over from the UK once (with her 2 little girls). It was very odd to me. It's so weird that what's all so familiar to me is so new to them.
Like, there's a windmill in my town. It's been there as long as I can remember. It's so normal to me. When I was in school, we used to visit the windmill. It's an actual working windmill. I also used to buy my sardust for the guinea pigs there.
But when my friend was here, she looked at the windmill like she'd never seen one before. Taking pictures and all. I felt like a tourist in my own town.

I will have that feeling again, soon.
An extremely close friend of mine, and her dear son, will be visiting us in 2,5 weeks time. I'm getting more and more excited with each day. I'm looking forward to showing her the normal, daily things in my life. The shops, the shopping centre, the city, my work. Places that are so normal for me.

It really makes me see my town with different eyes. I notice shops I never really noticed before. Like shops or companies that you never go into. Like a place where you can have your stone graft ingraved. I never have been indisde, and as you don't use it, you kinda forget it's even there.
Now, I imagine walking around town, telling my friends about the shops. And when I pass store like that, it makes me realise I actually kinda forgot they were there at all.

I might go around town soon and take some pics to share with you.

There's only one reason why I'd be prepared to move away from here. Immagrating to another country. Then I'd gladly give up my town. If I can't go there, I'm not going anywhere. Jo and her son are staying put!!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten