vrijdag 21 januari 2011

Busy, busy, busy

Back in November I told you I have to move house. Well, I'm still living in my 'old' house. But not for long. I have a new house. I'll get the keys next Friday. It's been a very difficult, bumpy road. I've been having soooo many problems with the Housing Company. This person tells me this thing, and a collegue of theirs tells me something different. They've made me promises they didn't keep. I've had so many arguments with them. I have decided that, once I have the keys in hand, I will file an official complaint about the way they've dealt with my move. It's not to attack anyone but to hopefully make sure this doesn't happen again.

The Housing Company gave me 3 houses to look at and after a long and difficult day and night I choose one house. I'm really happy with my choice. It's a lovely house. And it's only 2 streets away from where I live now. I'm really happy about that. My son get to keep his friends closeby, his grandparents closeby, and same distance from school and my work. So eventhough neither of us want to move, we got a nice new house to start making new memories.

Of course the house needs some work.
My dad will build a mantelpiece in my new house so I can take my fireplace with me. The house has a chimney from the bedrooms to the roof. So we'll have to open the ceiling to the first floor and add more chimney in the livingroom to go on the mantelpiece. It's gonna be a big project, but I'm getting more and more excited.
It took some time for the ideas to really take shape but it's all happening now.

There's sooo much stuff to think about.

wallpaper


paint

tiles











carpets







furniture



 I haven't bought anything yet, as I still don't have the key and will need to know the exact size of the rooms before I can buy flooring, wallpaper and stuff.
I'm almost done with deciding with what I want in my bedroom. I have pretty good ideas on what I want in my sons room. I just have to show him and just hope he;ll like my idea and mix them with his own ideas.
I'm also having more ideas on the livingroom, kitchen and hall. It's all quite stressfull but I'm coping very well.

Well, I'll keep you all updated on the new house!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten