vrijdag 28 januari 2011

The new house

Well, the big day finally arrived today. I got the keys to our new home.
It was all a bit weird, and surreal. But it's all happening now.

My dad had taken the day off today. He came with me to pick up the keys. Then we went to the new house, did some massurements, and went off to see whether they had some stuff at my dads work we could use for the house.
A family friend had phoned up and offered her help. So she came over we started to tare of the wallpaper. It went surprisingly well. Before we knew it, 3 bedrooms were all stripped from carpets and wallpapers. Then we started on the wallpaper in the livingroom.
In the meantime, my son had come home from school, changed into other clothes and joined us in the new house. He began taking down the build-in wardrobe in his new bedroom. He had so much fun!

Being in the new house is odd. I still can't believe I'll be living there in a few weeks time. I'm sure it'll all look great. The ideas are really taking shape. Eventhough it's still hard to picture it all in my head. I still have not decided on some things. I find it so hard to decide sometimes. About silly things. Like what do I want on the walls in my staircase? Never thought about it, but now I have to.

I'm hoping to be moved by March 1st. But I'm not gonna rush it. I need to stay relaxed. And so far that's going really well.

I took some pics:
Entering our new house as the official renter for the first time.


In the kitchen






Frontroom
Backroom







My bedroom

My bedroom with 2 wardrobes. The right now has now been taken out.

My future libraby

View from my frontoom
view from my bedroom
view from my bedroom
Wardrobe in Devons bedroom
Devon taking down is wardrobe



The family friend removing wallpaper in Devons bedroom

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten