dinsdag 2 augustus 2011

Hometown

I've been living in the same town all my life. I have moved 3 times within that town. Twice within the same area.


It's not very likely that I'll move from my hometown (unless it's to my Home in the UK). I love it here! It's very close to the city and loads of schools and stuff for my son in the area. Also, my parents live just round the corner and I still depend heavily on them for taking care of my son when I'm away.

But things are changing.
I moved house a few months ago. The reason: because they're taking down the one I was living in.
It was build in the 1930s. The housingcompany decided that it was too outdated to even renovate. The house I moved to was luckier. They decided that was good enough to be renovated. Which is what they did about a year ago. Eventhough I'm happy in the house I'm living in, I'll be sad to see my old house go. I lived there for 7 years and 7 months. It's the first home my son remembers (he doesn't remember living with me at my parents house from his birth to when he was nearly 3). It's also been the first house of just the 2 of us.

My old house: the door next to the tree.



A part of my area has been been fenced off, ready to be taken down within the next few weeks. My old house and a few others will be taken down next year.




The other day I decided to have a walk in my area to take some pics. To remember what it looks like now. I don't wanna forget what it all looks like. I grew up here, played on these streets and walked on these pavements millions of times, to and from school.
And now they'll be taking down everything, and building all new stuff. Apparently they'll be building appartments for the elderly.








My old street






1 opmerking:

  1. Sorry to hear they are taking down your old house. I'm sure you have plenty of fond memories. Good thing you have pictures to remember it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen