zondag 24 juni 2012

Me, myself and I

Yesterday I had a ME-day. An extremely good ME-day.

There were 2 films in the theatre that I hadn't seen and still wanted to see. Plus 'Cosmopolis' was also still showing and I couldn't resist seeing that one too. So, I decided to do all 3 of them in one day.

After dropping my dear son off at my parents house, I made my way to the theatre for film no.1:

'On the road'

I've not read the book (would love to do now though) and I had no idea what to expect. I must admit, the only reason I wanted to see it was because Kristen Stewart is in it. Which is a good thing in hindsight. If she hadn't been in it, I would've missed out on an amazing film. Eventhough Kristens part wasn't as big as I thought it was, she still put on a hell of a performance. The film was amazing. I felt like it went on and on. But in a good way. It was intense and I truly loved it. Would so go and see it again.





Not only Kristen was amazing, I loved Sam Riley and Tom Sturridge's performances too. Sam Riley's voice is really good to listen to. Very calming.

After leaving the theatre I did a little bit of shopping. I'd brought my book but didn't bring any writing material (I 'forgot' it so I could have an excuse to buy some new things). After getting a new notebook and some pens I realised I needed to hurry back for my second film of the day.


'Snow White and the Huntsman'

There's no way to compare the 2 films. Again, it's Kristen film. But even if she wasn't in it, I still would've gone and see the film. It was an action-filled blockbuster. Again, Kristen was amazing. She had a leadrole and she made it her own. Loved her English accent. I was imagining Rob making a fool outof her, and then practising with her. Bless them.
I also thought Charlize Theron was absolutely amazing. Her performance was incredible. What an actress.




And there were some really funny bits in too. The dwarfs were very 'cute' (in their own little way ;-) )

After Snow White I had some hours to kill. So I went shopping. First stop was the secondhand bookstore. I looked around for quite some time but couldn't really find what I was looking for. So I then made my way to H&M. Spent some time in there aswell. Found some nice bargains in there. I found a shirt I'd been looking for for quite some time. I wanted to have it in 2 colours but wasn't sure whether I'd do it. I promised myself that if I started to go running again (haven't been running since my damaged eye 2 weeks ago), I could have both shirts. So I'd wear one when I went running.
I went to pay for my items. The 2 shirts I had doubts about were the last items the friendly girl behind the counter was going to scan. She scanned the first one, then the second one. But the second one didn't scan properly. Then the girl next to her at another counter asked her a question. When she moved her attention back to me she told me what I had to pay. I realised she never rescanned that second shirt. I quickly paid and left the shop.
Outside I checked the receipt and I was right. There were 5 items on the receipt, and 6 in my bag. So the shirt I was having doubts about, was 'given' to me for free. I was very happy.

I made my way to MacDonald's and got myself something to eat.
I found a nice place and relaxed. I ate my food and got out my book. In the next 3,5 hours I read and wrote loads. I loved it. My book ( 'I heart Hollywood' ) is an easy and fluffy read. And I loved putting some thoughts to paper. (More about that in another post)
I enjoyed myself by watching the people around me. It inspired me to write more. I was so at ease with myself, the world, my life. I felt a peace inside me.

At around 9.30pm I made my way to the theatre for the third and last time that day.

'Cosmopolis'

I've seen that film 3 times now and it gets better and better every time I see it. It was shown in quite a small theatre. But I was pleased to see it was just about sold out. Unfortunately over 20 people had left before the film finished. It's such a shame. they missed out on some amazing scenes.
There was an elderly couple sitting next to me. They too decided to leave. But they decided that during THE most 'interesting' scene of the whole film. I was so annoyed!
What I did love was the man sitting 2 rows infront of me. He was there with another man and a woman. That man got the film! He laughed at the right moments and really seemed to enjoy the film. And eventhough I have absolutely nothing to do with the making of this film, I felt so incredibly proud.




On way out after the film had finished, there was a guy and 2 girls (just a little younger then I am) walking infront of me. One of the women was asking her friends whether she was the only not culturally-minded, as she had no idea what the film was about. I just smiled and told her she was (didn't tell her outloud though).
I walked past them and that's when I heard the guy say 'that Robert Pattinson is the shittiest actor ever'. Well, of course I couldn't NOT say anything. I had to say something. Couldn't let someone talk that way about 'my man'. I turned round and said 'well, that's just a matter of opinion, isn't it?' He said it were only girls who'd disagree with him. I told him 'no. that would be the film experts'. And walked away.

I got the tram home, picked up my son, spend 2 minutes online and went to bed. Feeling very satisfied, happy and content. Life is good!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten